It’s been nearly a week since the Reboot Camp started and I thought it was time for an update. As with most endeavors, some areas are going better than others. Here’s how it’s going so far.
1. Bible reading is going very well so far. I’m using an accelerated version of what is laughingly called “Bible Reading Plan for Shirkers and Slackers” (available here). The plan was originally used by the puritans, who could be called neither shirkers nor slackers, but I digress. Here’s what I’ve read so far:
Genesis 1-50 (that’s all of it)
Romans 1-16 (the whole enchilada)
Obviously, some days went better than others.
2. I did get my prayer journal started and have mostly kept up with it.
3. I haven’t started a bible study yet, but I’ll be starting one this week.
1. Kept up with the No-S Diet throughout the week. In that week I learned how much of my eating is habit rather than need. Hmm. I also upped my veggie consumption.
2. I did the Zumba abs workout 4 times last week. I’m not sure why they call it an abs workout since it made my arms, legs, and a few other parts hurt as well.
3. I totally blew taking vitamins and supplements, but I have set up my pill containers for next week and hope to get and stay on top of that.
4. I started out drinking water and ended up reverting to iced tea. I figured out that was because I was getting up earlier to pray and have more bible reading time, but I wasn’t going to bed any earlier, so I was tired. My body wanted caffeine and I don’t drink coffee, so tea was my friend. This week I’m starting a new thing. I will drink half my daily quota of water before I have a glass of tea, then the other half before I have any more.
5. I’m still working on the beauty routine. I only remembered to use the oil 2 days, but I did discover that it works great to take of waterproof mascara and other eye makeup.
Whew! I’ll update on the other areas tomorrow. How are you doing on your challenges?