As a stay-at-home mom, I am always trying to find ways to expand my horizons and keep my brain from atrophying. One of the things I turn to is reading. That can easily get crowded out when things get busy. One way I keep myself going is yearly reading challenges. This year, I am signing up for a ridiculous amount, but they look like fun.
Jane’s Wisdom: Read 3-5 books and watch 3-5 movies
2. Clocks, Cogs and Mechanisms Reading Challenge 2015
Brass Gears: Read 1-3 steampunk books
3. 2015 Read Your Freebies Reading Challenge
Coupon Clipper: read 12 ebooks
4. 2015 Cloud of Witnesses Reading Challenge
5. Operation Deepen Faith
I. Wonderful Words of Life. Goal: Read the Bible.
V. Christian Nonfiction.
6. Newbery Reading Challenge 2015
L’Engle: 15 – 29 points
7. I Love Picture Books – 2015
20 picture books (reading these with my youngest)
8. The Foodies Read 2015 Challenge
Short-Order Cook: 1 to 3 books
One thing I’m really focusing on is using what I have, so much of my reading will be books I already have including a plethora of e-books I’ve downloaded onto my Kindle.